Dutch Oven Blueberry Basque Cheesecake
Not too confident in your baking skills? Basque cheesecakes are delicious even when burnt, cracked and cooked at high heat, making this the cheesecake recipe that's impossible to mess up.
- 226g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 100g sugar
- 15g cake flour
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 tsp sugar
For the Cheesecake
For the Blueberry Compote
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and sugar. Microwave for 20 seconds and use a spoon to stir and press on the blueberries to soften them. Place aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour and cream until smooth and lump-free.
- Pour the batter into a lined Crumble Dutch Oven.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 30-40 minutes, the top should have a slightly burnt/caramel layer when done.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Decorate with whipped cream, icing sugar and blueberries.