Creamy Tomato Soup
Need to clear out the veggie drawer or simply get more nutrients in? This Creamy Tomato Soup is low effort, packed with flavour and is great for making in batches to freeze.
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 onion sliced
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Wash and chop your tomatoes, capsicum onion and garlic. Add to your Crumble Dutch Oven and season with oregano, basil, paprika, salt/pepper and olive oil. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 C until slightly charred.
- Add this mixture to a blender or food processor and mix until well combined.
- In your Crumble Dutch Oven, melt butter and sauté minced onion and basil until aromatic. Add tomato paste and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your roasted tomato/capsicum mix and stir with vegetable stock.
- Give your soup a taste and season according to your liking with the above seasonings.
- Add heavy cream and stir everything together one last time.
- Drizzle with extra heavy cream and serve with a grilled cheese toastie and enjoy!