A homemade version of the iconic Ikea meatball we all know and love. A wonderful recipe to make with the family, be sure to make extra to freeze because we guarantee you'll use each and every one of these juicy morsels to mop up that addictive gravy.
- 600g pork & beef mince
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 40g butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
For the Meatballs
For the Gravy
- Add meatball ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the meatball mixture using your hands or a small ice-cream scoop to roll into balls.
- Heat oil in your Crumble Dutch Oven over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook until brown all over. Remove and place aside.
- Add butter and flour into the pan and stir for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add in the broth and cream and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Place the meatballs back into the gravy and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with mash or egg noodles. Enjoy!