Chicken Karaage Bao Buns
Crisp, juicy chicken bites paired with crunchy julienned veggies wrapped in a pillowy-soft bun - need we say more? These bao buns make for the perfect party food and guarantee to be a hit every single time.
- 3-4 chicken thighs
- Bao buns
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking sake
- 1 tsp mirin
- Potato starch
- Vegetable/canola oil
- Spicy mayonnaise
- Coriander/chilli - optional
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and marinate with ginger, soy sauce, sake and mirin. Set aside for 30 mins-1 hour.
- Preheat oil in your Crumble Baby Dutch Oven over medium heat.
- Roll the chicken in some potato starch with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the oil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- (Optional: for crispy chicken, fry again for 1 minute)
- Season with salt and set aside.
- Steam bao buns according to package instruction and assemble with your favourite veggies and sauce.