Bacon & Mushroom Risotto
Risotto may seem difficult and time-consuming, but it really is anything but! This Bacon & Mushroom risotto is simple to prepare and promises to be a crowd pleaser whether prepped for a comforting weeknight meal or a fancy dish to impress at any foodie gathering.
1 TBSP Olive oil
1 Medium Onion (Diced)
5 Strips Shortcut Bacon (Roughly Chopped)
225 g Mushrooms (Sliced)
1 ½ Cups Arborio Rice
1L Chicken Stock
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a Crumble Shallow Dutch Oven.
- Add bacon and stir until crisp.
- Remove bacon and add mushrooms and onion, cooking until soft and slightly translucent.
- Add rice and cook for one minute, stirring constantly so the oil coats the grains.
- Stir in one cup of stock and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the rice absorbs the liquid, continue to add cups of broth until al dente.
- Stir in parmesan and bacon.