Easy, Cheesy Arancini Balls
Decadent cheese encased in cheesy, warm rice and sealed in a golden, crunchy crumb? Need we say more? This recipe is perfect as a part 2 to our Bacon & Mushroom Risotto or if you have any leftovers to turn into a stunning new dish.
- Panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Plain flour
- Mozzarella, cubed
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Parmesan and fresh basil, garnish
- Passata sauce, to serve
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For Coating & Serving
- Prepare risotto and refrigerate overnight on a lined baking tray.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the panko crumbs by adding paprika, oregano, basil, salt/pepper and onion/garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
- Grab a handful of the risotto mixture. Insert a cube of mozzarella, then pinch the rice around the filling to enclose.
- Roll the rice ball into the flour, egg mixture and panko crumbs and repeat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a Crumble Baby Dutch Oven over medium heat.
- Fry the rice balls, turning, until golden brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; season with salt.
- Serve with passata sauce and garnish with parmesan and fresh basil.