Chicken Gnocchi Soup
The perfect meal for those cozy, comfy clothes only kind of nights in. The addition of tiny gnocchi dumplings elevate the traditional chicken soup and make it that much more comforting, creamy and delicious.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1L chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup spinach
- 1-2 handfuls parmesan
- 1 package of gnocchi
- Serve with crusty bread
Melt butter or oil in your Crumble Dutch Oven over medium heat.
- Add your chicken. Season with thyme, paprika, oregano and salt/pepper.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and allow to rest before shredding with a fork or food processor. Place aside.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream and parmesan - stirring to incorporate. If too thick, add water.
- Add the gnocchi and cook according to package instructions.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the pot.
- Reduce heat to low and add the spinach, chilli flakes, and any salt/pepper to taste. Simmer until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.