A Berry Merry Fruit Cobbler
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Delight your family and friends with this berry good berry cobbler! We can't think of a more scrumptious way to serve up Summer berries and you can make it even more fun by cutting festive shapes out of your buttery, golden pastry crust.
- 750g Mixed Berries
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
85g white sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
- 210g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
35g caster sugar
1/4 tbsp baking powder
90g butter- cut into small cubes and keep cold
150ml thickened cream
1 egg- beaten
Pre-heat the oven to 180*C.
- Combine the berries with the cornstarch and toss to coat. Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and mix well. Spread the berry mixture evenly onto your skillet.
- For the topping, in a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder on low speed. Add the diced cold butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Pour in the cream, and continue to mix on low speed until everything is evenly combined.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface, and roll out into a 1cm thick sheet. Use cookie cutters to stamp out stars, then arrange these over the fruit so that they are touching.
- Brush the stars with the egg wash, then bake for 30-40 minutes or until the berry syrup is bubbling all around the edges, and the biscuits are golden brown.
- Dust over with a layer of icing sugar, and serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.